The Iosua's

The Iosua's
The Iosua's

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

22 Weeks and 18 To Go


 


HOW FAR ALONG?: 22 weeks. 18 to go. The baby is finally over a pound and about the size of a small doll...what happened to the fruit comparisons?
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?: 8 pounds...ugh...

MATERNITY CLOTHES?: Yes, but still mixed in with some of my regular clothes.  Casual weekend clothes are easy and comfortable, but I struggle with myself in the mirror every morning when I have to get dressed for work.  Why do the cute maternity clothes have to be so expensive for something I will only be wearing for the next three months.

STRETCH MARKS?:  A few small ones on my hips.  Hopefully they don't get too much worse.

SLEEP?:  Some nights I sleep fine, but others I don't sleep at all.

BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Spending four days in Lake George with Rob and Daisy.  It was so nice to get away just us and enjoy the outdoors.  I really don't think I was meant to live and work near a city.  We had such a great time walking around the town, swimming in the lake and hiking in the Adirondack Mountains.  I can't wait to go back next year (or hopefully this winter for the winter carnival).
  

In the Mountain overlooking




WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Just feeling so emotional.  This growing a human thing is hard work and I am always exhausted lately.  I also can't seem to control any of my emotions. (poor Rob).
  
MISS ANYTHING?: I could really use a glass of wine to de-stress and relax me.

MOVEMENT?: Lots of movement.  I can feel Baby I moving all the time in there.  I can feel him/her kick and also roll around.  They are not strong enough for Rob to feel yet from the outside, but I can't wait for that moment.

FOOD CRAVINGS?: Nothing specific or consistent that I have been craving.  I have more of an appetite I have noticed. Which is only supposed to grow since over the next 4 weeks the baby will double in size (hopefully I won't). 

GENDER?:  I took girl in the baby pool and Rob took boy.  So we are split 50/50.  Looks like most of the family is saying girl.  We will have to wait and see.

SYMPTOMS?: Lots of bloody noses, some lightheadedness, mood swings, exhaustion.  But all of this is better than getting sick like I was in the beginning.

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: In, but flattening.  It is not attractive.

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On

HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Happy and excited most of the time, but my day to day emotions are all over the place.

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Unfortunately all of our planned vacations are over which makes me very sad.  I am looking forward to the Country Music Fest this weekend, and a long weekend for Labor Day weekend.  I am also looking forward to registering and our Baby shower in October.  Overall just looking forward to fall, spending some time at home and getting ready for the baby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment