The Iosua's

The Iosua's
The Iosua's

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Choosing To Be Happy

Its been a rough few weeks lately.  I have been tired, frustrated and insanely irritable.  Its been one of those patches where I feel like I just can't get things right.  You know the - failing at life - days.  We all have them (right?).  Then tonight, my husband said to me "just choose to be happy."  That was hard for me to hear for so many reasons.  First, he doesn't think I am happy????  Second, he's right - that's what I need to do (and we all know how hard it is to admit when our husbands are right.)  Most of the things that bother me can't be fixed in a day, no matter how much I want to "talk" (aka fight) about them.  There in lies my problems, I like resolutions, and when there isn't one I can't handle it.

Anyways, I digress.  Here's to choosing to be happy.  To waking up every day and being thankful for everything that I have and everyone that I have.  To not dwelling on what I can't change. And letting life get a little messy!


Our Happy Place


1 comment:

  1. I can understand where you're coming from. Some days you wake up and it's hard to think about all that you have in life to be happy....it happens to the best of us. Sometimes it's easier said than done and sometimes it takes someone else to say it for us to realize. xo

    ReplyDelete